Saturday, July 20, 2024

Sponsors

Teardowns

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 27 Fairfield Ave.

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 27 Fairfield Ave. in the Compo Beach section is in process. Built in 1929, the 1-1/2 story cape has 1,456-square feet and is situated on a .1-acre property Because the house was built more than 50 years ago, the application will be reviewed by the Westport Historic District Commission. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 168 Imperial Ave.

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 168 Imperial Ave. is in process. Built in 1955, the one-story split has 1,269-square feet, is situated on a .27-acre property and last changed ownership in September 2005 for $749,000. Because the house was built more than 50 years ago, the application will be reviewed by the Westport Historic District Commission. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 20 Rices Lane

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 20 Rices Lane, off Wilton Road, is in process. Built in 1950, the one-story ranch has 1,517-square feet and is situated on a .75-acre property. Because the house was built more than 50 years ago, the application will be reviewed by the Westport Historic District Commission. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 40 Tamarac Road

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 40 Tamarac Road, off Evergreen Parkway, is in process. Built in 1950, the one-story ranch has 1,819-square feet and is situated on a .31-acre property.Because the house was built more than 50 years ago, the application will be reviewed by the Westport Historic District Commission (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 12 Covlee Drive

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 12 Covlee Drive, in the Saugatuck Shores section, is in process. Built in 1948, the one-story ranch has 1,998-square feet and is situated on a .27-acre property. Because the house was built more than 50 years ago, the application will be reviewed by the Westport Historic District Commission. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 5 Ivy Terrace

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 5 Ivy Terrace, off Crescent Road, is in process. Built in 1960, the one-story ranch has 1,390-square feet, is situated on a half-acre property and changed ownership in July for $430,000. Because the house was built more than 50 years ago, the application will be reviewed by the Westport Historic District Commission. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 18 Weston Road

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 18 Weston Road, off Easton Road, is in process. Built in 1960, the one-story ranch has 1,288-square feet and is situated on a 1.03-acre property. Because the house was built more than 50 years ago, the application will be reviewed by the Westport Historic District Commission. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 25 Oak Ridge Park

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 25 Oak Ridge Park, off Imperial Avenue, is in process. Built in 1950, the two-story conventional has 2,606-square feet and is situated on a .34-acre riverside property. Because the house was built more than 50 years ago, the application will be reviewed by the Westport Historic District Commission. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com

WestportNow Teardown of the Day: 24 Ludlow Road

WestportNow.com Image
An application for a permit to demolish the house at Westport’s 24 Ludlow Road, between Kings Highway North and Post Road West, is in process. Built in 1868, the three-story multi-family residential style, has 2,956-square feet, is situated on a 1.19-acre property and, according to assessor records, last changed ownership in October, 2007 for $1.4 million. The demolition is required by the town Building Department, which designated it as “an unsafe structure.” The new home of the Beit Chaverim Synagogue will be constructed on the site as noted on prominent signage at the property entrance. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Dave Matlow for WestportNow.com