Friday, April 12, 2024

Sponsors

Porch Fire Traced to Fireplace Ashes

WestportNow.com Image
Westport firefighters tonight quickly extinguished a front porch fire at a home on Sachem Trail traced to fireplace ashes left in a paper bag, said Assistant Chief Michael Kronick. The exterior of the residence sustained minor fire damage and there was a slight smoke condition in the house, which was removed by firefighters using an electric fan, he said. The Fire Department reminded residents to always dispose of ashes in a metal container away from anything that can burn. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Contributed photo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *