Friday, June 02, 2023


Firefighters Extinguish Gas Grill Fire Image
Westtport firefighters today extinguished a rear yard gas grill fire on Janson Drive. While stretching a hose to the flames, the 15-pound propane tank “vented,” sending flames about 10 feet from the valve connection, said Assistant Chief Larry Conklin.  The fire was quickly put out and the remaining propane vented using a fog spray from the fire hose, he said.  Conklin advised homeowners to keep propane-fueled gas grills away from the house, and, if possible, to keep the valve connection facing away from the residence.  Contributed photo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *