Thursday, September 24, 2015
Kyle Navin, son of a missing Easton couple tied to a Westport refuse business, pleaded not guilty today to a gun charge in U.S. District Court in Bridgeport.
Judge William Garfinkel ordered Navin, 27, of Bridgeport to be continued held without bond pending jury selection in the case tentatively scheduled for Nov. 9.
His appearance came after a grand jury in Bridgeport on Sept. 17 indicted Navin on one count of possession of a firearm by an individual who is an unlawful user of and addicted to any controlled substance.
Navin was arrested Sept. 8 at his Bridgeport residence on a criminal complaint filed in Bridgeport. An affidavit released later said police found two guns and heroin at the residence.
Kyle Navin had been termed a “person of interest” in the disappearance of his parents, Jeffrey W. Navin, 56, president of J&J Refuse in Westport, and his wife, Jeanette L. Navin, 55, a Weston school paraprofessional. They have been reported missing since Aug. 7 after not being seen since Aug. 4. Kyle Navin is listed as operations manager of J&J Refuse.
Their pickup truck with a broken window was found Aug. 9 in the commuter parking lot at exit 42 of the Merritt Parkway in Westport. Published reports said a bullet hole and some blood was found in the vehicle.
Authorities said Jeffrey Navin sent texts the day the couple disappeared expressing concern he was going to get framed for murdering his wife and asking his son if he hurt his mother.
Navin has been detained at a Rhode Island prison since his arrest.
Posted 09/24/15 at 05:15 PM Permalink