Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Westport police officers and firefighters rescued a man from his Park Lane home today after he suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police said the elderly man had suffered the poisoning because a car was running in the garage.
The man had accidentally left the car running Tuesday night, police said, and it had been running all night.
A visiting nurse came to the house and found doors that are normally unlocked to be locked, police said.
She also spotted the car with its headlights on in the garage, police said, and smelled a strange odor in the house when she went inside.
She found the man semiconscious in an upstairs room, police said, and police and firefighters rescued him from the house.
They also vented the house to remove the gas.
Both the elderly man and the nurse were taken to Norwalk Hospital, police said, and were both in stable condition when taken from the scene.
Posted 08/30/06 at 05:55 PM Permalink