Since 1898, Lux Bond & Green Jewelers has been dedicated to offering truly extraordinary diamonds, jewelry, watches and gifts for the home.
Westport Young Woman's League CraftWestport, November 4-5, Staples High School
Bross Chingas Bross Real Estate, Riverside Realty, #1 Team in Westport 2013-2015 Per CMLS; Over One BILLION Dollars in Career Sales
Your 24/7 News Source

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Man Suffers Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Westport police officers and firefighters rescued a man from his Park Lane home today after he suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police said the elderly man had suffered the poisoning because a car was running in the garage.

The man had accidentally left the car running Tuesday night, police said, and it had been running all night.

A visiting nurse came to the house and found doors that are normally unlocked to be locked, police said.

She also spotted the car with its headlights on in the garage, police said, and smelled a strange odor in the house when she went inside.

She found the man semiconscious in an upstairs room, police said, and police and firefighters rescued him from the house.

They also vented the house to remove the gas.

Both the elderly man and the nurse were taken to Norwalk Hospital, police said, and were both in stable condition when taken from the scene.

       Share

Posted 08/30/06 at 05:55 PM  Permalink



Comments

You must have a Facebook account and be logged to this account (login/logout button above) to post comments. Comments are subject to our Comment Policy.