Since 1898, Lux Bond & Green Jewelers has been dedicated to offering truly extraordinary diamonds, jewelry, watches and gifts for the home.
Buy your tickets now, Stand Up for Homes with Hope, Hasan Minjaj, November 4, 2017
Bross Chingas Bross Real Estate, Riverside Realty, #1 Team in Westport 2013-2015 Per CMLS; Over One BILLION Dollars in Career Sales
Your 24/7 News Source

Friday, May 26, 2017

Garage Fire Blamed on Generator

WestportNow.com Image
Westport fire officials today blamed a fire Thursday at 10 Lookout Lane that extensively damaged a garage on a generator running during a power outage. All occupants escaped safely, but there was smoke throughout the house, which firefighters were able to remove with fans, said Assistant Chief Michael Kronick. He urged residents to always read and follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions before running generator, and, as carbon monoxide is emitted, never use a generator inside a home, garage, crawl space, or other enclosed areas. Also, never plug a generator directly into a home outlet and have a qualified electrician install a power transfer switch. (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Westport Fire Department photo

       Share

Posted 05/26/17 at 02:31 PM  Permalink



Comments

You must have a Facebook account and be logged to this account (login/logout button above) to post comments. Comments are subject to our Comment Policy.