Thursday, March 09, 2017
A Connecticut resident has died after eating tainted cheese from a New York creamery, the state Department of Public Health said today.
A Whole Foods grocery store in Fairfield received the soft cheese, and the store initiated its own recall, state officials said.
The cheese is called Ouleout and it comes from the Vulto Creamery of Walton, N.Y.
Two of six people who ate the cheese contracted a rare, but serious bacterial disease, officials said.
Vulto Creamery began contacting customers on March 3 to return any Ouleout cheese after being informed of a tainted sample, the officials said.
The department said retailers and customers who have recalled cheese should throw it away.
Display cases and refrigerators where the potentially contaminated cheese was stored should be washed and sanitized, along with any cutting boards or knives that came in contact with the cheese.
Posted 03/09/17 at 03:46 PM
Next entry: Garden Club Donates $5,000 to Wakeman Town Farm
Previous entry: Small Towns Want Teachers’ Pension Bills ‘Off the Table’
Female? 40+? Miserable about your body? Frustrated? Gotta do something about it?
CLICK TO READ:
Reclaim Fit & Healthy:
Don't You Deserve It?
Linda T. Gottlieb
Certified Fitness Pro
30+ Years Experience