Monday, January 07, 2013
Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said today that more than $28 million in federal assistance to date has been approved to help individuals with disaster expenses since President Obama approved his Disaster Declaration request as a result of Storm Sandy.
“With $28 million in aid approved so far, it’s clear that our state continues to feel a profound impact from the damage inflicted by Storm Sandy,” said Malloy in a statement.
“House Republican leadership missed a real opportunity to accelerate recovery and mitigate future storm damage when the 112th Congress adjourned without considering the Senate-passed bill.”
Malloy said residents still have an opportunity to seek assistance from the effects of the storm. “If you received damage from Storm Sandy and live in one of the declared counties, you must register with FEMA before Jan. 28 to begin the disaster assistance process, if you haven’t done so already, ” he said.
Posted 01/07/13 at 09:11 PM
Next entry: Blumenthal, Murphy Split Over Hagel
Previous entry: Malloy Names First Hispanic to High Court
Female? 40+? Miserable about your body? Frustrated? Gotta do something about it?
CLICK TO READ:
Fit & Healthy
a Self-Rating Tool
Linda T. Gottlieb
Certified Fitness Pro
30+ Years Experience