Schedule your CoolSculpting consultation now and say Goodbye to Fat! Westport MediSpa, 203.227.5437,  32 Imperial Avenue, Westport, CT
Westport Dog Festival, Sunday, May 7, Winslow Park, 10-4

Monday, May 12, 2014

James Naughton: Tough Time Following Wife’s Death

Actor James Naughton of Weston told the Y’s Women of Westport Weston today that the 13 months since his wife Pamela died at age 66 have taken their toll. “My wife had pancreatic cancer and fought a tough battle for over four years,” he told the group’s meeting at the Unitarian Church. “That was tough, but since her passing the past 13 months have been harder. I would give anything to have her back.” The couple was married 40 years. During the question and answer period, one of the women in the audience said, “I don’t know if you realize it, but every woman here is in love with you.” Naughton, 68, paused a moment, smiled, and said, “Well, I guess I could take them on one at a time.” (CLICK TO ENLARGE) Phyllis Groner for WestportNow.com

Posted 05/12/14 at 05:25 PM

Comments

Comment Policy

With due respect to Westport’s women, I cannot imagine 68 people even beginning to approach the wonderful Pam Naughton.

Posted by Wendy Batteau on May 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM | #

OK, the above was an emotional response.  If I could figure out how to withdraw it from WN, I would do so ... and just express sympathy to everyone who has lost loved ones.

Posted by Wendy Batteau on May 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM | #

I’m saddened to learn of the death of Pam Naughton.  She was a wonderful woman and a wonderful parent.  She offered so much to her children Gregg and Kiera and all of us who knew her.  She will be greatly missed and always remembered.

My sympathies to James, Gregg and Kiera.

Al Beasley, M.D.

Posted by Albert S. Beasley, M.D. on May 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM | #

Am sad to know how hard it has been.  You were both so gifted to have found each other.  Your words are what we all hope to hear.  A true gentleman in every way possible.
Hoping time will begin to heal.  They say it helps, hoping “they” are right.
Best,
Robin

Posted by Robin Scarella, Connection PR on May 13, 2014 at 02:56 PM | #

I understand where you’re coming from Wendy, the entire Naughton family is one of extreme class and dignity. I’ve walked many miles w/ James w/ our dogs, and when I learned of his wife’s passing, my heart indeed broke for him and his children.  He’s one of the most generous, warm-hearted individuals I’ve ever known.

Posted by Jean Marie Wiesen on May 13, 2014 at 03:42 PM | #

Whoever made this crass and self-absorbed comment while this man poured his heart out should be ashamed. Is he to be comforted by hearing this in the midst of his anguish? I don’t think so.

Posted by Ray Wilhelm on May 16, 2014 at 02:28 PM | #