Friday, July 25, 2014
SPONSORS
Famous Artists School Creative Art Courses


News

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Firefighters Extinguish Commercial Dryer Fire

Digg Favicon Email Favicon Facebook Favicon LinkedIn Favicon TwitThis Favicon  

Westport firefighters today put out a fire traced to towels in a commercial dryer at the Washing Well in Parker-Harding Plaza, according to Deputy Chief Robert Kepchar.

He said at 8:27 a.m., firefighters responded to check the fire alarm at 139 Main St. Upon arrival, they discovered smoke coming from the crawl space in the rear of the unit.

The call was upgraded to a smoke condition in the building with additional apparatus responding, Kepchar said.

The source of the smoke was traced to a commercial dryer fire involving burning towels in the Washing Well at 140 Parker Harding Plaza, which was on the opposite side of the structure, he said.

Firefighters overhauled the remains of the towels, and Fire Marshal Ed Zygmant responded to conduct the fire investigation, he said. The last fire unit left the scene at 9:05 a.m.

Posted 11/14 at 05:19 PM

Comments:     Comment Policy

No comments yet.

You need to Register and be logged in to post comments. If you are already registered but are not logged in, you can Login here.

Name:

Email:

Location:

URL:

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?

You must be logged in to comment. You must also answer the question or solve the equation below:

What is missing: North, South, East, ----? (4 character(s) required)

Please note by clicking on "Submit" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Inappropriate posts may be removed.

<< Back to main

SPONSORS
WestportNow.com Stuff
Register / Log in
Registration is required to post comments.
Register  •  Login
Comment Policy
SPONSORS
Advertise on WestportNow.com ads@westportnow.com

WestportNow wins 13 citations in the 1913 Society of Professional Journalists, Connecticut Awards